Friday, October 17, 2008

Haircuts

This just in from the e-mail box:

"I was recently trying to find a cheap and good place to get my hair cut because I refuse to pay a lot for something that will need to be re-done in 6 weeks.  My friend told me she had found a great deal.  There is a Vietnamese lady in Scottsville who cuts hair for $13 if you don't have her wash it and style it.  My friend and I both have very straight, fine hair and mistakes show up easily.  Both of us really liked the job she did and he price is fantastic.

She has a shop called Dan-Ni's.  It is easy to find: 43 Main Street in Scottsville.  Her phone number is (585) 889-8580.  Her prices and services are listed at dan-nis.com.  She also has coupons, but I noticed they expired in 2007 :-).  You could ask if she still honors them."

Thanks for telling us!  

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Sounds great...I'll have to try her out. My last haircut was at World Hair at 121 Park Ave (near the corner of Part & Meigs). I heard from a few people that it's a good place to go if you know exactly what you want, but they're not going to offer helpful suggestions. When I walked in the door I was a bit taken aback by the stylists' hair extreme hair (I started getting worried that I would come out with a blue mohawk), but my stylist did a great job and it was also about $13.

Unknown said...

I totally agree that the priority for a 6-week cut must be price. But, if you're like me and get your hair cut oh, once a year or so, you might be able to splurge and need to find the right person for the job. I have her :) Her name's Jen and she works at Spa Elan in Woodcliff Hotel (kind of across from Eastview Mall). She does cost $40, but she's sooo worth it. She has a great eye so you can walk in not really knowing what you want to do or what would look good with your face, etc. (all the common hair anxieties). She does kid's cuts, too ($15). And when you're done, you might as well go do a little shopping (window or otherwise) at the Mall!